Years ago I purchased my first drone…..
It was over $1000. (DJI Mavic Pro)
I had never flown a quadcopter before and within 15 minutes into my first flight …….you guessed right. I crashed it.
Ouch . A 1000 bucks down the toilet.
Luckily today , there are many low priced options for drone enthusiasts to get started on . It would have been great to have a starter drone like the Potensic T25 to learn on.
In my opinion , it’s important to master the craft of becoming a good pilot before buying expensive quadcopters . Flying a drone is a skill that you must learn from doing.
Practice makes perfect.
The Potensic T25 is a great beginner drone.
Not only is this drone easy to use and navigate but it also has some great safety features.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS ARTICLE
- LETS COVER THE BASICS : I first go over some general guidelines to remember when buying a drone. We also discuss who the Potensic T25 is best for.
- GETTING TO KNOW THE PRODUCT : Explain what comes in the box , Build quality and design, and set up the drone for the first flight.
- EXPLORE THE DRONE CAPABILITIES : Go over the top features the T25 offers. We discuss the Camera and Video quality, the flight features , GPS system used and a few other special features
- DISCUSS OTHER OPTIONS : Suggest some comparable models from other brands. Its always a good decision to see what else in on the market in the same price and feature range.
Before we go into details about the Potensic T25 review let’s look at some general things to consider when buying a drone.
- THE BASICS: Smart Tips for Drone Buying
Before buying a drone you should consider your skill level and determine what features are important to you. Below I have put together some common features I feel are most important.
- Safety features
- Camera and video quality
- Flight features
- Ease of use
Any size Quadcopter can cause damage to property and harm people so that is an important element to consider safety prior to buying your drone.
- GPS return to home auto landing
- Obstacle Avoidance
- Propellor guards
- Led lights for night visibility
Camera and Video Quality
Its important to know what kind or resolution and image quality you are looking for when drone shopping. The higher the image quality, usually this higher the price climbs. Camera and video quality is usually based by…
- Video Resolution
- Photo megapixel count
There are a lot of unique flight features that Unmanned Aircrafts offer in today’s marketplace.
Many drones can fly on autopilot and help you navigate in the sky. We recommend learning about the features on the market prior to buying. Common flight modes are listed below
- Intelligent flight modes (usually called waypoint programming)
- Auto take off
- Return to homepoint landing
- Altitude hold
- Switch Orientation “headless” mode
- Sport mode
- Subject tracking (follow modes)
- Headless Modes
Ease of Use
The final feature you should consider when buying a drone is Ease of Use.
In general the better of a pilot you become , the more advanced settings you can handle.
We recommend buying a drone based on your experience in the air. When a drone is easy to navigate , it decreases the risk of damaging people or property. Also you will have more fun and won’t fly frustrated.
Flying a drone should be fun but safety should be taken seriously as well.
Now that we’ve gone over some smart tips for Drone buying lets take a look at the Potensic T25 in all its glory.
Assess your skills.
When buying a drone you need to make sure the product matches your skillset.
The Potensic T25 is beginner drone that is great for those who want to learn how to fly. It has many features that will help you get familiar with flight technologies of higher end drones on the market. Keep reading to explorer the product in further detail.
THE PRODUCT : Getting to know the Potensic T25
What Comes in the Box?
1 x Potensic T25 Drone with 1080P HD camera
1 x Transmitter
1 x 3.7V 1000mAh Battery
1 x User Manual
1 x USB Battery Charger
1 x Screwdriver
2 x Extra Landing Gears
4 x Extra Propeller Blades
4 x Extra Protection Guards
Micro USB for charging
The size is very compact measuring 10.6 X 10.6 X 4.7 inches and weighs 4 lbs .
Build Quality and Design
The first thing most people rave about is the high build quality and material of the product. Enclosed in the box is all you need to get the drone flying. It will record to your phone. However if you want to record to an external card you have to buy SD card separately.
It is available to purchase in black and white. Many reviews say that the white version doesn’t get as hot as the black version due to the color, but the black color is easier to see in the sky.
This drone is a great value drone and has many features only available on higher end drone products. Lets go over some of the highlight features
Setting up Drone for first flight
Setting up the drone for your first flight is very easy.
When you pull out the drone for the first time you will notice that a few things need to be assembled.
- You’ll need to first charge all your batteries to full charge.
- Set up the phone cradle and download the Potensic G app.
- You will also need to install the propellor guards and click them into place.
- Calibrate -Once your batterys are charged up and installed you will be propted to calibrate the drone
A very easy setup process. Now that your ready to fly , take a look at all the features the T25 has to offer.
- EXPLORE THE DRONE CAPABILITIES
Top Features of the Potensic T25
The Potensic T25 has many premium features common to higher priced drones . The consensus from reviews is that is a great value for the price. Explore the Bells and whistles below.
Top Safety features
- 4 LED LIGHTS
Having a drone with lights makes it easier and safer to navigate at dusk or in low light situations. If you can’t see your drone when you’re flying it’s much easier to crash.
- GPS Auto Return Home
Drone will automatically return home upon command or if running low on battery or lost connection to the controller – Trust me this feature will save you many times.
- Propellor Guards
protection when you get close to objects . These guards can protect blades and property
- One touch take off
easy take off one button to make hover 5 feet.
Camera and Video Quality
- 1080P HD camera
1080P is high definition giving you a better image and is considered a standard in high quality. Many other drones at under 200 dollars only offer 720 resolution
- 120 Degree POV Camera
Camera can be adjusted in flight . This is a great feature vs using a camera that is fixed and unable to maneuver.
- 3d VR Function ( Feature to use Virtualy Reality attachments)
- Advanced 9-axis gyro
Potensic T25 GPS drone adopts advanced 9-axis gyro, which is more wind-resistant and steady during flight, making the pictures and videos you recorded clear and fluent.
- Dual Positioning system
Advanced GPS and GLONASS Helps drone navigate and find its way back home in case of loss of communication with controller
- Flight Distance
Up to 980 max distance foot range RANGE 390 feet maximum height . This is the max distance drone can travel and communicate with controller.
- Altitude hold function
This function allows you to lock altitude to hover at specific height. A great way to “park” drone in the sky to focus on camera controls.
- Follow me function
This function is usually only available on higher priced drones. Its gives you the ability to lock on a target and have the drone follow it.
- Advanced Flight Modes
The Potensic T25 offers 2 premium flightmodes Headless Mode and Waypoint Mode.
Headless Mode changes the control orientation so it isn’t backwards like most aviation tools . This can make flying easier and less complicated. Waypoint mode gives you the ability to click multiple points on your smartphone via GPS MAP to control a flight path of your drone. ( another feature usually seen in higher priced models)
Ease of Use
- Controller Easy to Operate –
The controller buttons and controls are all in very ergonomically comfortable locations. Many people compare the controller to a video game system.
- Suitable for all skill levels
Both kids and adults can easily operate and learn this drone . Most people can master all functions and flight modes with 10- 20 flights.
- Easy to download app POTENSIC G Available on IOS and Android
Now lets go over some of the CONS of the T25
- No collision avoidance – Usually this feature is on higher priced drones. These drones have sensors that help drones avoid obstacles while in flight. The T25 does not have this feature which is helpful for drone pilots
- Handles not the greatest in strong wind – Although the drone has a Advanced 9-axis gyro for stabilized flight, In moderate to strong wind the handling is not the best
- Does Not come with a memory Card – Out of the box you can still record directly to your phone while flying , but if you want to record to a SD card you’ll have to buy one separately.
- Non Brushless Motor – A brushless motor is higher quality and creates less friction and heat when flying. The T25 is not equipped with a brushless motor system. So the motor may overheat from time to time.
- Poor Battery Flight time – You only get 8-12 minutes per flight . So we recommend a second or even third battery . There is nothing more frustrating than getting out to fly only to have your fun cut short because of a low battery.
I scoured the internet to see what other people had said about the Potensic T25 and it receives mostly 4-5 star ratings. I have included a few screenshots of some feedback from happy customers. For the most part everybody who purchases this drone feels that it is a great value for the price.
Here are some competing drones to the T25 that you may want to check out as well. Those looking at the Potensic T25 usually have looked into these similar quadcopters
- Holy Stone HS165
Holy Stone is another reputable brand that makes quality drones for beginner and intermediate drone enthusiasts . The HS165 Foldable GPS drone is a great alternative to the Potensic T25. It has high reviews on amazon and is roughly costs the same amount.
As far as features go the HS165 has many similar to the T25. Both drones offer a 1080P HD Camera, GPS navigation and can travel about the same distance. One advantage to the HS165 is that it comes with 2 batteries giving you around 20-30 minutes of flight time.
- SNAPTAIN SP500
Snaptain is making great drones for hobbyists and beginners. The SP500 model weighs about 2 lbs and is about 13x13x 2 in size. Thi drone can go 720 feet away from remote. It has high reviews on amazon and is roughly costs the same amount.
As far as features go, the SP500 has many of the same features as the T25. This drone gives you control of camera angle but does not have a gimbal (similar to T25) Both drones offer a 1080P HD Camera, Follow me mode and waypoint mode features. This drone also offers a circle fly mode which it circulates around a target . One advantage to the SP500 just like the Holy Stone HS165 is that it comes with 2 batteries giving you around 30 minutes of flight time. With the Potensic you must purchase a second battery.
The Potensic T25 is a great value drone that offers many great features usually available in higher priced models.
When learning to fly , there is a high probability you will crash a few times. It’s better to bang up a cheaper drone when you’re learning , so when you upgrade you will have better pilot skills.
This drone priced under 200 gives you many fun features without breaking the bank.
It’s a great drone for beginner drone pilots looking to learn how to fly and build up their skills before investing in more expensive equipment.
Other Resources I recommend checking out